Sunday, January 05, 2014

Bokbong

Hi =)

When I was small, I used to play at 'bawah rumah' like a LOT. My grandma (I lived with my grandma when I was a kid) dislike that fact of me always playing 'bawah rumah' coz she can't see me so she didn't know what I was doing, was I really playing down there or she just thought I was. So to solve it, she always scared me with that word, 'bokbong'.

Well, to be honest, her plan was quite smart coz I did fell for her trick. I don't know why but when I heard that word, the first thing that come to my mind is, 'bokbong is a ghost', although my grandma never say so. And the funnier part (to me) is that, I only discovered that 'bokbong' is actually an animal when I have already grown up and don't play at 'bawah rumah' anymore. I do not remember the exact way how I found it out, but I finally know it somehow.

source: thecintadiary



So, that's how it looks like.

When I was searching for the image, I found a website called name-list.net. I don't know what it does but a sentence did caught my attention.

What is the origin of name Bokbong? Probably Japan or Malaysia.

The answer is Malaysia.


Peace~

No comments: